Monday, November 30, 2009

Fall Decorations and Cookies



I'm not a crafty or domestic person in the sense that most of my peers are. I sew- but practical things like cloths, costumes and occasionally baby gift stuff. For Super Saturday I made decorative pumpkins. They looked so good and were so easy I decided to make a set for my mother-in-law and my mother. I was so pleased with how good they turned out. You make a sleeve. Pull yarn through to sinch up the top and bottom, leave just enough space to stuff with old plastic bags (cheap and reusing), put a stick in the top for the stem, finish sinching it, hot glue leaves and ribbon on and you're done.
I love the fun shapes of sugar cookies. But I don't enjoy eating sugar cookies. They don't taste good. What is the point of making something that I'm not going to eat. I wanted to use some of the fall cookie cutters I have, so I tried to adapt a recipe for peanut butter cookies. The peanut butter made them really greasy. They worked and they tasted so yummy. On some I put a chocolate frosting.

  • 2 sticks butter
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1 cup granulated sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 1/2 cups peanut butter
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
The recipe only called for 2 1/2 c of flour. To try to make them more sugar cookie I tried to add a bit more flour to take away some of the greasiness. I was pleased.

No comments: