Wednesday, March 3, 2010

ASL "Follow The Prophet"

I made an instructional recording of the chorus of "Follow the Prophet". I posted it on YouTube hoping that in the long run it will be easier to find, and not eat up all the storage space allotted by blogger.
Follow the Prophet







Hope ya'll enjoy doing this with your children. We certainly have.


Sorry that I haven't put our other plans on yet, I've been having problems with our main computer that I put my pictures on. Hopefully I will get that on soon.

6 comments:

Kathleen said...

Thanks for the video! Sign language adds so much to primary music. The kids always like it. It is so helpful for me to see someone do this. It's nice as well to see you in action! :)

Jessica said...

Thank you so much! I love doing sign language with the primary, so this is perfect, and it's simple.

Nan and Aaron said...

Thanks for the ideas. I am still trying to figure out the best way to teach this song. Ahhhh!

PerryParty3 said...

This was awesome! Thanks! I wasn't planning on doing ASL for this song, but it would be easy, especially the chorus.

Marcyne Brown said...

Thank you so much for walking us through the sign language and what each action meant. I had already planned on doing the chorus for "Follow the Prophet" and "Come Follow Me" with ASL for our program feeling like both were slow tempo enough to follow easily. However, I was very frustrated trying to follow the LDS link for ASL and spent a lot of time looking up word by word on different signing sites to help me. I now feel like I can better teach this to the children, especially Junior Primary. The way you explained prophet (seer person), etc. makes so much sense and helps me to remember, so I am sure it will help the primary children also.....thanks again.

Unknown said...

While on vacation I visited a primary in Gilbert, AZ. I swear she must have viewed your instructional video because I recognized it as she was teaching the children. You're famous!