Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Uncle Justin and Winnie the Pooh



The last couple times we've gone up to Phoenix I haven't contacted my brother-in-law. Busy, oversight, forgetfulness, lack of knowing what to do, all are to blame. I don't want him to feel that since my husband isn't around he isn't going to see his nephew. So this trip up I made the effort to contact Uncle Justin and see if he had time to meet us for breakfast or lunch some time. I even threw out there that if he wanted to he could join us in seeing the new Winnie the Pooh movie (came out July 15). He jumped on breakfast and going to the movie. Cool. Saturday July 16th we went to breakfast at Denny's (side note- really diabetic friendly place to eat). 
Then after breakfast we went over to the movie theater. My in-laws had given us gift cards to a movie theater in our Christmas stockings our first Christmas. We had used a little on each card over the past 3 years, but never seem to use them because we don't live near the theaters the gift cards are to. So I made a point of us going to one this time, after paying for 2 adults, 1 child, popcorn, water, and soda, it only cost us 3.50. Sweet. Winnie the Pooh was really cute. It was enjoyable for my son, and I really liked that it was cleaver, cute, and done in the traditional Winnie the Pooh style. Yes its not a movie I would choose to go on a date with my husband to or see with my girlfriends, but really enjoyable. My son handled the theater experience really well. The movie itself was only 1 hour and 3 minutes, I don't think he would have done with a much longer movie. We saw CARS 2 on my father-in-law's birthday and I had to take Al out once just for the change of pace. So Pooh was just the right length. Also now he finds stuffed animals of Pooh or pictures of Pooh and holds them up and says "Pooh", you can also prompt him by saying "Winnie the" and he smiles and finished "Pooh"- cute. 
We had a good time with Uncle Justin. I didn't think he'd be interested in the movie, but he was interested in getting some Uncle time. I forget that out of my son's uncles (not counting my brother on a mission), Uncle Justin gets the least amount of time with Al and the least amount of quality time. I was glad he had the time to meet up with us and get some uncle time.

1 comment:

WallStickersDecals said...

Winnie the pooh and friends are absolutely my daughters favorite.