Saturday, January 24, 2009

Baby Update

So I have had questions about the baby. I am without a doubt feeling the little one moving around now. I am sure that I was feeling it before. They are the same feelings I had, it has just become more intense and distinct. Sometimes I can see the movement on my tummy. Its cool.
I still have a day here or there where I am more sensitive, but besides that my all day-everyday morning sickness has ended. Thank-goodness. If I spend the entire pregnancy as sick as I was for the first 20 weeks, then I might have to rethink this big family thing.
I had a doctor's appointment this last Thursday. The last appointment I had they were unable to see anything due to complications. So this time we were really hoping that there would be no complications and we'd be able to find out what we are having. I hate calling my baby "it" all the time. Well this time my baby was moving all over the place and the doctor was only getting a momentary looks. But since there were no obvious boy parts in those little looks-he says he is 70% sure its a Girl. The doctor said that if I need to be more sure than that I can go up to Tucson and pay for a 3D/4D ultrasound. Those pictures are more clear and are defiantly cool to see, but I don't know if it is worth all that money to me. After all we are in the process of buying a house, we'll have to purchase a fridge for the house and a washer and dryer, and we need to save up for all the hospital bills for the delivery, not to mention we are taking a trip in a few weeks to the mid-west. Nothing is cheep in this life. And although it would be cool to have those pictures, and to be more sure- is it worth the cost? I think my in-laws really want me to get the pictures. But if I got the pictures done with this child, will I feel obligated to do it for all my other children? I don't want to start out knowing that I am doing so much more just because this baby is our first.

1 comment:

The Mom said...

We didn't find out the sex on our first baby. We just let it be a surprise. Nothing wrong with that! And if your inlaws really want the pictures, tell them to pay for them!