Song about Jesus: Hymn 135, My Redeemer Lives, by Gordon B. Hinckley
- Introduction- It’s fast Sunday.
What does that mean?
What is special about Fast Sunday?
- What is a Testimony?
What do we bare testimony of?
What is the purpose of prophets?
--one purpose is to bare testimony of Jesus Christ
Show picture of Joseph Smith
Read D&C 76:22-24
This is Joseph Smith’s testimony of Jesus Christ.
Show picture of Gordon B. Hinckley
Read Hymn 135
This is Pres Hinckley’s testimony of Jesus Christ.
- By singing his testimony we make it our own testimony.
- I know that my Redeemer Lives
Gospel Art Picture-“Mary and the Resurrected Lord” 62186
- Triumphant Savior, Son of God
Gospel Art Picture- “the Nativity” 62495
Or any picture of Baby Jesus or the Nativity
- Victorious Over Pain and Death
Or any picture of the crucifixion
- My King, My leader, and My Lord.
- He Lives, my one sure rock of faith
Gospel Art Picture- “Stilling the Storm” 62139
- The one bright hope of Men on Earth
Or any picture of the Earth or a really bright light
- The beacon to a better way
- The light beyond the veil of death
Gospel Art Picture- “Jesus Blessing Jairus’s Daugter”
- Oh, give me thy sweet Spirit still
Gospel Art Picture- “The Gift of the Holy Ghost”
- The peace that comes alone from thee
Or any picture of prayer
- The faith to walk the lonely road
Or a picture of a path or road
- That leads to thine eternity.
The numbers are references from a really old book so I don't know how good they are. The links are all to the Church website, all pictures are printable there or check them out from your building's library. Most (if not all) are in your gospel art kits.