Monday, March 2, 2009

Baby Update


So originally the doctor told us he thought we were having a girl. Since he wasn’t 100% sure he suggested doing one of those 3D ultrasounds. My in-laws decided they wanted the ultrasound done and they paid for it. While in Phoenix to see my brother come from his mission, I went and did the ultrasound. The advantage I found of doing it over just having your doctor look is- in the doctor’s office they only have 5 minutes to look before they are backing up the waiting room. In contrast, at one of these private ultrasound places, they have a full 20 minutes to look. This made a big difference for us. It was very obvious in just a few minutes that we had a boy- not a girl. I had more disappointment this time learning it was a boy. I truly did not have a preference which I have. I had felt a little disappointment when the doctor said it was a girl. But this time I felt a lot finding it wasn’t a girl. I think the difference was I had started to become very comfortable with the idea that we were going to have a girl. I had started calling it ‘she’ and seriously considering the name Dorothy for her. I had also started planning the nursery, it was going to be Strawberry Shortcake. So I think the disappointment came from the mindset I was in. I am so grateful not to have found out the error on delivery day. So it’s a boy, and we are thinking we’re going to name him Alistair Wayne. He looks beautiful and normal. He already has a full head of hair. Now I’m thinking we are going to do the nursery in sea turtles and seersucker material. I have two months left and I hope they go really quickly.

3 comments:

Melissa Ash said...

Congratulations! Boys are SO FUN!!!! I bet it was hard to have it switch, though!! I LOVE the picture where it looks like he is picking his nose!! Too cute!! I am so excited for you! And I am sure your nursery will be super cute!! I can't wait until I can do that! My little guy was in my father in law's office when he was born, so no nursery! I cannot wait to be able to do that (I am not prego, but thinking about that part is fun!!!). Congrats!

Nikki said...

Congratulations! Those 3-D ultrasounds are amazing. I've personally never had one. But I am always amazed when I see pictures from one. Your nursery sounds like it will be adorable.

Crissylady said...

Congrats Tasanee! I'm so happy for you! I'm amazed at those ultrasound pics they're so clear!