Sunday, April 19, 2009

Singing on Mother's Day (no baby yet)

So I have not gone into labor yet. I'm still not concerned or even worrying about it yet. I think this baby will come closer to its due date and not early like the doctor keeps saying. He wants to see me again on Tues (he just saw me on Thurs) unless quote "we see you at the hospital before then". Yeah yeah, whatever.
Mother's Day
As with most wards, our primary children are expected and are on the program to sing in Sacrament meeting on Mother's Day. Again if this baby is born on its due date I will not be in church that day but in the delivery room having this baby, but I still have to make plans for sacrament meeting and my children. I looked for a nice arrangement of a few Mother's primary songs, only to be disappointed. I also tried the key changes on the church website in order to make my own, but couldn't seem to find common keys that were in good ranges for children voices. In the end I decided just to do the one song, nothing fancy. We are singing: "Mother, I Love You." To make it a little more special, we are going to take the last line "Mother I love you, I love you, I do." I sign in. (just sign along with the I love you's). I also considered the week before having the children my Mother's day cards that were just hearts for their mother's and having each teacher have them and give them to their class when they are getting up, then on the last line they would hold up their hearts. I think it would be cute and sweet, I just don't know how well it would actually work. I wish I had some better ideas, and figured out something fun that would work, but maybe its all for the better considering how close it all is to my due date, I don't want to leave a mess for someone else to deal with.

No comments: