Tuesday, February 2, 2010

PETA-go eat meat


February 2, 2010

An animal rights group is calling on keepers of the country's most famous groundhog to replace Punxsutawney Phil with a robot. PETA says it's unfair to subject the creature to the bright lights and huge crowds that mark this Feb. 2 tradition. Organizers of the festival say Phil is fine — living better than other groundhogs in his climate-controlled environment.

I try to ignore PETA, I think that 90% of what they do is stupid and extremist. Mostly I thing their brains aren't getting enough protein because they don't eat meat that they are trying too hard to think. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't care. When I heard this I had to laugh something hard. That groundhog is treated better than a spoiled child, should we be allowing our children to send a robot to school because it is cruel to make them have to learn. Whatever, I liked Punzsutawney Penn's response. I'm going to go back to ignoring PETA. I just couldn't pass up this laugh.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

I thought that was funny too. In our paper, it said that the Groundhog Day guy said that Phil was treated better than most children in PA. Loved it!