Monday, February 23, 2009

Teaching: My Eternal Family

Sorry it has taken me so long to get this out. I’ve been on vacation.

  • Idea 1: My original idea was to put pictures on a backdrop of what would look like child building blocks. I was then going to put them on the large popsicle sticks to have children help hold them up. But when I went to do it I felt it was too similar to the brick blocks I used for ‘How Firm a foundation’, so I went back to the drawing board.
  • Idea 2: Funny, I wanted to get away from my ‘How Firm a Foundation’ idea and probably ended up more similar. I decided to build a house. Since the phrase “I am a builder” appears twice in each verse, I decided that the phrase should be the foundation of the house. I also set the goal to only use pictures. I put the phrases of the song up and down (as opposed to building stories/floors of the house) so that each phrase can lead you back to the foundation phrase “I am a builder” and also the chorus (the roof). The walls have the 1st verse on one side, and the 2nd on the other. When it comes time to teach the 2nd verse, flip it over.

chorus

1st verse
2nd verse
Here are some of the pictures I used. I decided to post them so help ya'll along. A lot of them are from the church website (the Friends' site). Almost all the pictures I cut down to be more simple in the space.
  • Family
  • Service
  • Girl (for growing)
  • Jesus and Heavenly Father
  • Home
  • Hammer (Build, Builder, Building)
  • Working (work)

    For the other pictures- good luck. Some I already had on my computer and anything else I have trouble finding I do a google search for what I'm looking for and I add the words 'coloring page' to every search. Everything else I made with construction paper and markers.
Counts: 3 homes, 4 hammers (build), 3 family, 2 work, 2 serve, a mouth, an arm (strength), ball (play). For 'Feel the spirit there' I tried to find the most feely piece of fabric. The best I had in my home was some scrap polar fleice. One last note, I wish I made the roof large with more space for the chorus.

Good Luck to all of you.

2 comments:

JJJAM&S said...

I REALLY like this...Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

This is really clever!