Friday, July 13, 2012

What's for dinner- Not beef


Oh my beef is expensive these days at the grocery store. I haven't found a really decent price on beef- ground, chuck, steaks - in a long time. 
I have started making more meals with chicken. I don't hate chicken. Its just.... not my favorite. Beef is my favorite. I love beef.


What is your favorite meat? 
What changes have you made to your meal planing with the high price for beef?

I posted on my food blog wwptcooking how we're using chicken in different ways. Check it out.

We're also using pork more. Unless it was pork chops I was always afraid of cooking pork. I didn't know what to do with it. We purchased a kitchen aid attachment meat grinder. Now we grind chicken and pork so that I have ground meats for those ground meat meals we love so much. Many of them I can straight substitute ground meats. If you season your meats while cooking the texture and taste is just like the ground beef. I have also learned to do shredded chicken and shredded pork (pulled). I am feeling good about the expansion of my culinary skills.


No comments: