Sunday, January 24, 2010

Focused Activity: I Know That My Savior Loves Me

Sorry I didn't post this sooner, it only came to me until last night. I used the labels from this Primary Singing Ideas blog. I liked the idea, but I wasn't sure I wanted to do it with this song. Then the idea came of using the tags to put the lines in order. I made up some numbers. Then taped them to a large piece of cardboard. I placed tacks on the cardboard on each number. I cut out the tags and tied ribbon (cheap ribbon that is used to wrap presents).How will we do it?First, we will review the song. Sing it through a few times. Second, a child will choose one of the tags. If the child doesn't know right away we will sing the song through. I will hold my fingers up as we sing, numbering as we go. When we are done singing
I will ask the children what number was the line we just sang. Then we will place the tag, hanging it on the tack of the number it belongs to. Repeat until all the tags are on the board with their number.
Today (24 Jan), I plan on doing this with the SR primary. With JR primary we are going to work on the melody, reviewing the 1st verse, and learn the 2nd verse.

2 comments:

PerryParty3 said...

Wow! This is so awsome!! I love how you adapted the idea! I love that it works with both Sr. and Jr. Mind if I put a link to it from my blog? Primary Singing Time Ideas....

Totally going to use this for another song! Thanks!

Arizona Girl said...

Go ahead and post it on your blog. I really liked your idea too.