Thursday, January 14, 2010

'Welcome to Primary' Singing Time


As I mentioned in a previous post, we have a lot of Sunbeams. These little Sunbeams have been singing with me over the past few months in nursery. Although they have been doing wonderful and trying so hard for me, they seem a little lost. We haven't been singing the songs we use to sing. To make them feel more comfortable, we are going to have a fun day where we are going to sing all the songs we use to sing in nursery. This is also a great activity for my sub to do while I am out of town this coming Sunday. The songs I've chosen are: 'I Am A Child of God', 'Jesus Wants Me For a Sunbeam', 'Popcorn Popping', 'I Love to See the Temple', 'My Hands', 'Quickly I'll Obey', 'Once There Was A Snowman', 'In the Leafy Tree Tops', 'Do As I'm Doing', 'Follow the Prophet', 'Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes'. These are all songs we sang in nursery. I might of considered doing a couple of the secular songs if I had sheet music for the pianist. I wrote the songs on the back of my "Sunbeam" Suns.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Just wondering where you got this sunbeam image. could you send it to me? sumbyjo at hotmail. thanks!

Arizona Girl said...

They are from a book called Super Singing Activities. Illustrated by Jennette Guymon-King. I hadn't thought about it before, but I could create some suns in Photshop and post it to my site. I think I am going to have to do this. I'll get on it soon.