Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Teaching: He Sent His Son (February Song)

The chorister before me had been in this calling for 7 years. When she was released, I inherited dozen of song helps that are already made. Many of her helps I have not used because I don't really like what she chose to do. At the start of this year I went through the whole box to find what was already made for this year's songs. Again some I don't want to use, but I really like the simplicity of this one. She printed the questions and answers separate. Then there are questions for each one. Each phrase that has the word "world" in it has a world. For each world there is a key word phrase above it ie: "tell" and "Show". I made the question marks for each phrase to note there is a question here. The phrase that has two questions right after each other has two questions marks next to their card. Each sign and pictures has their own magnate for putting up on the board.
If I was to do it myself here are some pictures I would suggest using from the church's web site. The color ones are from the new Gospel Art spiral book and the coloring pages are from the Friend site. If you are one of those people who feel uncomfortable even drawing an earth, this link takes you to a world in the coloring pages, use any Nativity picture for the second line. Just a side note, I like coloring so I choose the coloring pages. Also I could use them to have the children color. I'm sorry these are out of order of the song, but I am having issues with Blogger. It is the picture with the line it would go with below it.
He sent his song to walk with men, on earth that we may know (above)
How could the Father show the world the pathway we should go (above-sorry out of order I'm having issues with blogger)
How could the Father tell the world of love and tenderness (above-1st line, I would use a pic of the earth, a heart, and a question mark with it).
What does he ask? Live like His Song (above)
What does the Father ask of us? What do the scriptures say?
Have faith, have hope, live like His Son, help others on their way.
He sent His Song to die for us and rise with living breath.
How could the Father tell the world of sacrifice of death?
Along with the lines and pictures (I like that they are all separate, so that while I am teaching them I can take things away and see how well they can do it without) I am going to use ASL to note the question and the answer. For phrases that begin with "how" we will sign "How". The questions that begin "what" we will sign "What". With the start of each answer, we will sign the "Answer". They are just one word signs. We are not planing to do it with the program, it is just a sign to help the younger kids, after all I have a lot of sunbeams. I always struggle helping them learn the songs. My JR primary is so large and almost none of them can ready yet. Everyone says teach to the most advanced children in the class and the other's will follow. I think, lots of pictures, and multiple ways to connect with the song.

No comments: