Sunday, October 25, 2009

Primary Program ALL Over

Yippy!!! I am so happy its all over. The program is the bane of my calling. But the children did wonderful. There is something to be said for the fact that children sing and behave so much better when they have an audience. They will be so rowdy for every practice and then be almost perfect while their parents are watching. The songs all went well. I had to laugh over the Sunbeams special musical number, "Jesus Wants me for a Sunbeam." They did wonderful, didn't jump and were all such good little singers. But what was funny was all the other children were so jealous that the Sunbeams got to sing that song and they didn't.
After the program I did my "Happy Family" lesson. Both primaries loved it, they got into it for different reasons. JR had more fun actually saying the new words and singing them. While SR primary had the most fun trying to guess what language the words belonged to. They had were really getting into singing the fun tune. For a primary activity day coming up we are do a theme of "Children Around the World". It should prove to be really fun and cute. After today's lesson the primary president asked me to keep my visuals so that I can use them again for the activity day.
Again I am so happy we are done with the program. Now I have to decide all what we are doing for the rest of the year and for next year.

No comments: