Sunday, September 5, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

We went to Phoenix to spend the 3 day weekend with my parents. Originally we were going to go home so I could do Primary Singing Time on Sunday, but when we moved the program back a week I decided to take a week off. It was so nice to go to Relief Society for once. I had the sub still work on the songs with them so it will be okay. They are doing well.
We drove up after my husband got off work on Friday. Everything has been really low key. Saturday we went to breakfast, to the temple to do Sealings for our family names, and then we all went to Mattas Mexican Cantina for dinner. Mattas recently re-opened at the Mesa Riverview and I am so happy happy happy that they did. 
Sunday we went to church with my parents (to their ward) and then family dinner. That evening we had everyone over for a gathering for my dad's 60th birthday. I hope he enjoyed seeing his friends.  We had a full house and ate lots of Texas Sheet Cake. Mmmm I love Texas Sheet Cake. The frosting is full of pecans (which I'm allergic to) but I ate them anyway. I hope I'm not going to regret that.
brother levitt with birthday boy (my dad)

No comments: