Sunday, November 15, 2009

Haunts Haven

Over the past few years I have been hearing about this book my mom has been working on. I had been asked to read a few sections to edit for her, but I had not read the whole book. She is now a published author. I got a copy of her book and FINALLY got to read it. First, understand how critical I am of LDS fiction. I have read very little that I feel is up to par enough to talk about. I gave up reading LDS fiction a couple years ago. But I made an exception for my mom's book. It was so good. I loved how she had so many little side plots that all fit together so well. It was so fun to read a story that was just clean- nothing to even make you uncomfortable. I'm not a huge romance reader, but this had just enough romance to keep a smile on your face, enough mystery to keep you guessing, and enough of the supernatural to make you ask yourself what you think and what you'd think if it was you.
It takes place a small Southern Arizona town, not far from where I live. I guess I'm a little bias but that is the starting of a great story. Add in a little fun clean romance, a stubborn ghost, and a who-done-it and you have Haunts Haven. I'd say more but I don't want to spoil the ending for you. Its available at any LDS bookstore and on Amazon. Take some time to add it to your Christmas wish list and to enjoy and fun LDS ghost story.

1 comment: